History

1950 (approximate)
Domenic DeFazio sees a need for a local club for the Italian community in the Myrtleford area

1951
Land purchased by Domenic DeFazio for future construction of club

1955
Mr DeFazio and his wife Rosa begin building Continental House 

1956
First club committee formed under President Luigi Roso

1960 (approximate)
Club renamed Savoy after a former Italian King

1964
Becomes first Victorian club to receive a liquor license

1978
Building purchased from DeFazio’s for $80,000

1982
Club members grant an $80,000 interest free loan to fund expansion of club facilities

1987
Construction of new hall, dining room, foyer and toilets completed

1993
Club hosts it’s largest function, when 700 people attend the Vicentini convention

1994
Club gaming facilities in new building opened at official ceremony by Myrtleford Shire President, Cr. Henry Brewer

1995
Club receives gifts of mural by Paola Demanicor, and sundial painted by Andrea Tomaselli

2014
Trading name changed to Club Savoy after organisational changes